Terms and Conditions
THE AGREEMENT: The use of this website and services on this website provided by Muvr Technologies, Inc. (hereinafter referred to as “Website”) are subject to the following Terms & Conditions, all parts and sub-parts of which are specifically incorporated by reference here. This Agreement shall govern the use of all pages on this website (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Website”) and any services provided by or on this website (“Services”).
“We,” “us,” and “our” are references to MUVR.IO.
“User,” “You,” and “your” denotes the person who is accessing the website to take or avail of any service from us. User shall include the company, partnership, sole trader, person, body corporate, or association taking services of this website.
” Website” shall mean and include muvr.io and any successor Website of the Company or any of its affiliates.
“Services” refers to any type of moving labor service offered on this site. This includes loading, unloading, packing, furniture movement, or any other allied services. This could be referred to colloquially as a or the “job“;
“Supplier” or “moving service provider” refers to an individual, moving company, or other like entity that is available for hire specifically for the performance of Services on the site. This may also be used interchangeably with “they,” “them,” “the moving company,” or “vendor.”
Parties: Collectively, the parties to this Agreement (We and You) will be referred to as Parties.
ASSENT & ACCEPTANCE
- YOUR OBLIGATION IS TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
- LIMITATIONS OF OUR LIABILITY TO YOU; AND
- A REQUIREMENT THAT YOU PURSUE CLAIMS OR SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US (INCLUDING MONETARY, INJUNCTIVE, AND DECLARATORY RELIEF) ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS RATHER THAN AS A PARTICIPANT IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING.
Consequences of Non-Compliance
Your failure to comply with the Terms may result in the suspension or termination of your account and/or access to the Services and may subject you to civil and criminal penalties.
ACCURACY OF INFORMATION
Occasionally there may be information on the website that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies, or omissions that may relate to user descriptions, pricing, availability, promotions, and offers. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to make changes or modifications to these Terms and conditions at any time and for any reason. We undertake no obligation to update, amend or clarify information on the website, including, without limitation, pricing information, except as required by law. No specified update or refresh date applied on the website should be taken to indicate that all information on the Website or Services has been modified or updated. Please ensure that you check the applicable Terms every time you use our site so that you understand which Terms apply. You will be subject to and will be deemed to have been made aware of and to have accepted the changes in any revised Terms and conditions by your continued use of the site after the date such revised Terms and conditions are posted.
The Services provided by Muvr through its mobile application or website allow users to request and schedule moving, furniture delivery, and junk removal services with third-party providers under the Agreement with Muvr. These services are only intended for personal use and not for commercial purposes unless otherwise agreed upon by Muvr in writing.
To use most features of the Muvr app, you must register for a personal account. You must be at least 18 years old, or the age of majority in your location, to create an account. This will require you to provide personal information such as your name, address, phone number, and age, along with a valid credit card. You must keep your account information accurate and up-to-date, and failure to do so may result in loss of access to the services or termination of this Agreement. You are responsible for all activity under your account, so keep your username and password confidential. You are only allowed to have one account.
User Requirements and Conduct:
The services are only available for individuals over the age of 18. You may not let someone else use your account, and you cannot let minors use the services without accompanying them. You must follow all applicable laws when using the services and only use them for lawful purposes. You may not cause any disturbance, harm, or property damage. Muvr may ask you to verify your identity, and if you refuse, you may not be able to use the services.
Note: Muvr’s app is only for moving and delivering items and does not include personal transportation. Drivers are solely responsible for their own insurance and liability when transporting users. Be cautious before getting in a vehicle with someone else.
By creating an account, you agree to receive informational text messages as part of using the services. Opting out of receiving these messages may impact your use of the services.
Muvr may offer promotional codes that can be redeemed for account credit or other benefits. You agree to use these codes as intended, not duplicate or transfer them, and not use them for illegal purposes. Muvr may disable codes at any time and reserves the right to deduct credits if codes are used in violation of terms or laws.
Muvr may allow you to submit content such as comments or feedback. This content remains your property, but by submitting it, you grant Muvr a worldwide license to use, copy, modify, distribute, display, and exploit the content without further notice or payment. You guarantee that you have the rights to the content and that it does not infringe on any third party’s rights or violate any laws.
THE SERVICES, SITE CONTENT
No Responsibility or Endorsement for Professionals. As a neutral intermediary, Muvr cannot guarantee or ensure Suppliers’ ability to complete (or properly complete) any services rendered via the site, or the quality thereof, or any other Service-related matter, such as health and safety, security, carrier liability, and insurance. All verbal or written communications, warranties, or representations regarding Supplier Services are made by and in conjunction with the applicable Supplier, not Muvr. Suppliers are freelancers.
Muvr is an online marketplace for moving services. We’re neither a broker nor a representative of the moving company (the Supplier). Suppliers are not Muvr’s employees, agents, representatives, or independent contractors.
NO GUARANTEE THAT PROFESSIONALS
You must solely look to the applicable Professional for the provision of the services relating to your service needs. Muvr is merely operating the Services that help connect you with the Professional that is interested in providing the services you have requested.
MUVR’S ROLE AND OBLIGATIONS
- Suppliers are independent contractors; they are not employees of Muvr. We merely act as a conduit between Suppliers and Clients.
- Muvr provides only the Muvr Platform, which enables Users to publish and make Offers on Posted Tasks, as well as to publish Offers for Services and Instant Claims on Supplier Listings.
- Individuals over the age of 18 may only register as Users on Muvr.
- Although users must be natural people, they may specify in their account description that they are representing a business entity.
- Muvr reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny registration or creation of an account with Muvr or to cancel, suspend, or modify an existing account, including if Muvr reasonably believes that a User’s conduct (including a breach of this Agreement) is detrimental to the operation of the Muvr Platform.
- Muvr is completely free to register and create an account. There is no charge for a Supplier to create tasks, and there is no charge for other Muvr Users to review content on the Muvr Platform, including Posted Tasks.
- Muvr disclaims all liability in connection with the Supplier and Supplier interaction, including but not limited to the description, performance, or delivery of Services.
- Except for liability for any Non-excludable Condition, the Muvr Service is provided “as is” and without any express or implied warranty or condition. To the maximum extent permitted by law, our suppliers and we expressly disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- Muvr is under no obligation to assist or intervene in any dispute between Users but may do so in the interest of enhancing the User experience.
- You acknowledge and agree that Muvr does not conduct any investigation into any Supplier or third-party service provider prior to their admission to the Platform, including criminal background checks, verification of qualifications or licenses held, or any character or other checks of a Supplier or third-party service provider’s suitability to perform any task they may claim to be able to provide on the Platform. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for conducting any necessary background checks and obtaining references, licenses, certifications, or proof of insurance prior to hiring a Supplier to perform services. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for conducting your own evaluations, decisions, and assessments regarding Supplier selection. You agree to bear all risks and expressly release, indemnify, and hold Muvr harmless from any and all loss, liability, injury, death, damage, or costs arising from or in any way connected with the services.
- By using Muvr’s services, you may incur charges for the services you receive from our service providers. Muvr will act as the limited payment collection agent for the service provider and will facilitate payment for the charges through your designated payment method in your account. The charges will include taxes if required by law. The charges are final and non-refundable unless otherwise specified by Muvr.
- Payment for the charges must be made immediately. In case your primary payment method is invalid, Muvr may use a secondary payment method in your account, if available. Muvr reserves the right to change the charges for our services at any time. During peak times, the charges in certain areas may increase. Muvr will inform you of the charges, but you are responsible for any charges incurred under your account.
- Muvr may offer promotional discounts or special offers to some users, but this does not apply to you unless you are also given the same offer. If you cancel a service request before the service provider arrives, you may be charged a cancellation fee. Your payment to the service provider compensates them fully for the services they provide. Muvr does not consider any portion of your payment as a tip or gratuity to the service provider. Tips are voluntary, and you may rate your experience and provide additional feedback after the service.
Customer Acknowledgement: The Customer agrees that, following the completion of a Service by a Supplier, they will sign the Supplier’s work order indicating the total number of hours performed and the total sum owed. This is an irrevocable authorization for Muvr to charge your credit card for the specified balance, provided your credit card has been designated as the form of payment, and then release the corresponding payment to the relevant Supplier. Regarding any sum issued, there shall be absolutely no refund.
- Once said payment has been made, the Customer accepts that all payment disputes (including, but not limited to, defective Services by the Supplier) shall be directed only against the relevant Supplier, with Muvr fully indemnified thereby. This includes but is not limited to any request to a credit card company to cancel or retract all payments to Muvr.
- The Customer accepts that if the final balance is not paid immediately to the Supplier and Muvr must collect payment directly from the Customer, a credit card processing fee will be added to the balance owing.
Supplier Acknowledgement Regarding Customer Payments: The Supplier shall agree that it is only entitled to payment from Muvr for its Services when the Customer has granted written authorization for Muvr to charge the selected credit card and signed the related work order provided by Muvr. The Supplier is responsible for providing Muvr with a legible copy of the completed and signed work order for processing. If a Customer refuses or otherwise fails to authorize payment to the Supplier, then this failure or refusal is a matter between the Customer and the Supplier. The Supplier further accepts that Muvr is fully indemnified against any subsequent action or responsibility related to the Customer’s inability or refusal to pay.
Accuracy of Moving Requirements: During both the quotation and scheduling processes, your chosen Supplier will ask you specific questions to collect the essential data for quoting and scheduling. It is the Customer’s responsibility to give Muvr and the Supplier with truthful and correct information regarding your move and the required moving services and to tell us of any changes. Failure to comply may result in additional fees or the non-performance of Services.
Due Diligence with Regard to Policies: During both the quoting and scheduling phases, the Muvr team will inquire about compliance with our policies. Upon the Customer’s request, the personnel at Muvr will answer any queries and discuss any policies. While every attempt is made to examine pertinent regulations, it is impossible for Muvr employees to review and explain every policy to every Customer. Consequently, it is the Customer’s responsibility to conduct Due Diligence throughout the quoting and Reservation process, both by asking pertinent questions and by reading and studying the material provided on our website.
Confirmation: The client confirmation email will serve as confirmation of a Service or group of Services. This confirmation will contain all essential moving information, such as the relocation day and time, appropriate addresses, etc. A reconfirmation email is sent 72 hours prior to the scheduled service, specifically so that the Customer can verify the order and advise us of any errors. Customer is ultimately responsible for all information important to a Service or set of Services, as they have been given several opportunities to notice any inaccuracies in a given Service or set of Services.
Heavy Items: Any heavy or problematic objects not disclosed to a Supplier throughout the pricing or scheduling process are ineligible for service, and it is at the Supplier’s sole discretion whether they will move the items. The Customer must inform the Supplier and Muvr of any objects weighing more than 100 pounds, as well as any access restrictions associated with these products. In addition, the Customer will be responsible for all fees, including our cancellation and No-Show fee, if the Customer cancels services owing to our reluctance to transfer these objects.
CUSTOMER RESTRICTIONS & REQUIREMENTS
If a specific moving situation has additional constraints or needs, such as time limitations or insurance requirements, this must be reported to the Supplier and Muvr before booking a Service. These may include any time limitations owing to a live load or unload, time limitations due to a reserved elevator, certificate of insurance requirements by a building or property, and parking permit needs, as well as any other restrictions essential to ensure accurate quoting and scheduling. Muvr is not responsible for any costs or fees incurred because of a Customer’s failure to disclose this information to the Supplier. If a Service must be canceled or rescheduled due to the Customer’s failure to provide Muvr with the required information, the Customer is responsible for all fees, including our cancellation and No-Show fees.
Hazardous Conditions or Items: A Supplier and Muvr have the right to refuse moving services if conditions or items are unsafe, hazardous, or unsanitary. The most frequent instances of these harmful conditions or things include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Mold pollution, insect infestation, urine/feces, unsafe access (rusted stairs), client under the influence of drugs or alcohol, hostile arguments (e.g., spouse/spouse, landlord/tenant), hoarders, etc.
- Chemicals, ammo, fireworks, fuel, propane, drugs/needles/pills, etc., in plain sight.
If a Service must be canceled or rescheduled due to the Customer’s failure to submit this information, the Customer will be responsible for all fees, including our cancellation and No-Show penalties.
Changes to Moving Details: If any of this information changes, it is the Customer’s responsibility to notify the Supplier and Muvr. Muvr will then inform the client of any necessary adjustments to rates or scheduling availability. Muvr shall assume that all information contained in the confirmation email delivered to the Customer is accurate unless otherwise indicated. The Customer is fully responsible for any fees, including our cancellation fee and a no-show fee, incurred because of changes to the confirmed Reservation that were not properly disclosed to Us.
If any of your items get damaged during a Muvr service request, Muvr will not be responsible for covering the damages. However, you can submit a claim to email@example.com, and it will go through the claims process. This process may involve communication with the service provider to resolve any disputes.
Any Labor Service or Moving Service you offer to a Moving Customer is provided under a contract between you and that Moving Customer. We are just a means to find that Moving Customer. By advertising your Labor service or Moving Service on the Platform, you agree to represent yourself properly and perform the Service you provide correctly. By accepting a Marketplace Work Order through the Platform, you agree that any issues regarding the quality or work performance by you are to be resolved between yourself and the Moving Customer. We are not legally responsible for settling or being involved in any disputes you may have with another User or Moving Customer. By using the Platform, you agree that any contracts made by you through the Platform are solely the responsibility of yourself and the Moving Customer involved.
If you require any more information or have any questions about our site’s disclaimer, please feel free to contact us.
Muvr Technologies, Inc. makes no guarantees, representations, or warranties of any kind as regards the website and associated technology. Any purportedly applicable warranties, terms, and conditions are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law. Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The Service is provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. The Service is provided without warranties of any kind.
- You agree that from time to time, we may remove the Service for indefinite periods of time or cancel the Service at any time without notice to you. You expressly agree that your use of, or inability to use, the Service is at your sole risk.
- The information contained on this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Muvr, and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website, you can link to other websites which are not under the control of Muvr. We have no control over the nature, content, and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Muvr takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
Muvr will not be held responsible for any indirect, incidental, special, exemplary, punitive, or consequential damages that you may incur, including lost profits, lost data, personal injury, or property damage. Muvr will not be liable for any damages, losses, or claims that result from your use of or reliance on the services or from any transactions or relationships between you and third-party providers. Muvr will also not be liable for any delays or failures in performance that are caused by factors beyond its control. Muvr makes no representation or warranty about the professional licensing or permitting of third-party providers offering moving services through the app. In no event shall Muvr’s total liability to you for all damages, losses, and causes of action exceed $500.
At Muvr, we aim to provide our customers with high-quality services, but we understand that disputes can sometimes arise. To resolve any disputes that may arise between you and Muvr, we have agreed to binding arbitration. This means that any disputes related to the use of our services, including any issues with the Terms of Service, will be resolved through arbitration instead of through a court of law.
The exception to this is that you and Muvr both have the right to bring a claim in small claims court and the right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in a court of competent jurisdiction. This means that if there is an issue with intellectual property rights, such as a dispute over trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, or patents, you or Muvr can take legal action to protect those rights.
Please note that by agreeing to this arbitration clause, you and Muvr are both waiving the right to participate in a class action or representative proceeding. This means that individual claims will be resolved through arbitration, and the arbitrator will not consolidate multiple claims into one proceeding. If this section is found to be unenforceable, the entire Dispute Resolution section will be void. However, the Dispute Resolution section will still apply even if the Terms of Service are terminated for any reason.
ARBITRATION RULES AND GOVERNING LAW
The arbitration will be administered by the American Arbitration Association (AAA) and will be governed by the Federal Arbitration Act. The AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply unless they are modified by this Dispute Resolution section. You can find more information about the AAA’s rules at www.adr.org/arb_med or by calling the AAA at 1-800-778-7879.
If you or Muvr wishes to initiate arbitration, a written Demand for Arbitration must be provided to the other party. The AAA provides a form for this demand, which can be found at www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_004175. If you are a California resident, a separate form can be found at www.adr.org/aaa/ShowPDF?doc=ADRSTG_015822.
The arbitrator will either be a retired judge or an attorney licensed to practice law in California and will be selected by both parties from the AAA’s roster of consumer dispute arbitrators. If the parties are unable to agree on an arbitrator within seven days of receiving the Demand for Arbitration, the AAA will appoint the arbitrator according to their rules.
ARBITRATION LOCATION AND PROCEDURE
The arbitration will take place in the county where you reside unless you and Muvr agree otherwise. If your claim is for $10,000 or less, the arbitration will be conducted solely on the basis of documents submitted by both parties unless you request a hearing or the arbitrator determines that a hearing is necessary. If your claim exceeds $10,000, the AAA’s rules will determine whether you are entitled to a hearing. The arbitrator will have the discretion to request a reasonable exchange of information between the parties as long as it is consistent with the expedited nature of the arbitration.
The arbitrator will render an award within the timeframe specified by the AAA’s rules. The award will include the essential findings and conclusions that the arbitrator used to make their decision. The award may be entered as a judgment in any court with jurisdiction.
You agree not to use the Website or Services for any unlawful purpose or any purpose prohibited under this clause. You agree not to use the Website or Services in any way that could damage the Website, Services, or general business of muvr.io.
- You further agree not to use the Website or Services:
- To harass, abuse, or threaten others or otherwise violate any person’s legal rights.
- To violate any of our intellectual property rights or any third party.
- To upload or otherwise disseminate any computer viruses or other software that may damage the property of another.
- To perpetrate any fraud.
- To engage in or create any unlawful gambling, sweepstakes, or pyramid scheme.
- To publish or distribute any obscene or defamatory material.
- To publish or distribute any material that incites violence, hate, or discrimination towards any group.
- To unlawfully gather information about others.
You agree that the Website and all Services provided by us are the property of Muvr, including all copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, patents, and other intellectual property (“Our IP”). You agree that we own all rights, title, and interest in and to the Our IP and that you will not use Our IP for any unlawful or infringing purpose. You agree not to reproduce or distribute Our IP in any way, including electronically or via registration of any new trademarks, trade names, service marks, or Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), without express written permission from us.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Muvr and its affiliates and/or related entities, whether direct or indirect, current, former or future, and its and their respective current, former, or future officers, directors, employees, agents, successors and assigns and related third parties (each an “Indemnified Party”), for any claims, causes of action, debts, damages, losses, costs, liabilities, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) relating to or arising out of any third-party claim that (a) your use of or inability to use the Services, (b) any user postings made by you, (c) your violation of any terms of this Agreement or your violation of any rights of a third party, or (d) your violation of any applicable laws, rules or regulations, except to the extent caused by any unlawful or negligent act or omission by Muvr. Muvr reserves the right, at its own cost, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, in which event you will fully cooperate with Muvr in asserting any available defenses. An Indemnified Party may participate in the defense by counsel of its own choosing, at its own cost and expense. You shall not settle any claim that adversely affects an Indemnified Party or imposes any obligation or liability on an Indemnified Party without the Indemnified Party’s prior written consent.
MODIFICATION & VARIATION
We may, from time to time and at any time without notice to you, modify this Agreement. You agree that we have the right to modify this Agreement or revise anything contained herein. You further agree that all modifications to this Agreement are in full force and effect immediately upon posting on the website and that modifications or variations will replace any prior version of this Agreement unless prior versions are specifically referred to or incorporated into the latest modification or variation of this Agreement.
You agree that your use of the Website and Services is at your sole and exclusive risk and that any Services provided by us are on an “As Is” basis. We hereby expressly disclaim any express or implied warranties of any kind, including but not limited to the implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose and the implied warranty of merchantability. We make no warranties that the Website or Services will meet your needs or that the Website or Services will be uninterrupted, error-free, or secure. We also make no warranties as to the reliability or accuracy of any information on the website or obtained through the Services. You agree that any damage that may occur to you through your computer system or because of the loss of your data from your use of the Website or Services is your sole responsibility and that we are not liable for any such damage or loss.
GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
This website originates from the United States. The laws of the United States. Without regard to its conflict of law, principles will govern these terms to the contrary. You hereby agree that all disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States. By using this website, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such courts in connection with any action, suit, proceeding, or claim arising under or by reason of these terms. You hereby waive any right to trial by jury arising out of these terms.
If any provision of these Terms and conditions is determined to be unlawful, void, or unenforceable, such provision shall nonetheless be enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and the unenforceable portion shall be deemed to be severed from these Terms and conditions, such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
If you would like to contact us to understand more about terms or wish to contact us concerning any matter, you may do so via the contact us or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This document was last updated on March 23, 2023